Part-time friendly position in Zürich starting October 2021.
Who we are
We are a Zürich-based design and development studio for human data interaction. We help organizations to create products and services to make data understandable and actionable for everyone. Always putting people at the center of attention. We work with a broad range of clients in journalism, academia, technology, healthcare, government, and humanitarianism.
People who work at Interactive Things are passionate about their craft but also about collaborating with a team that brings together different backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. Continuous improvement is at our core; we foster an environment where people can learn from each other and contribute to every aspect of the company. Our team is open to sharing what we know with the wider community.
Who we’re looking for
We are looking for someone to join our design team. You should have experience working in a professional environment together with other designers, developers, and clients. We have no formal education requirements for this position; we’re interested in you, regardless of whether you have a degree or are self-taught. What’s most relevant to us is that you are familiar with User Experience and User Interface Design, value precision in your work, and understand how to translate user needs into elegant digital products.
- You are looking forward to solving complex problems to improve people’s lives.
- You thrive in a collaborative environment where colleagues are happy to provide assistance but also value your input and contributions.
- You enjoy diving into new areas of your craft and sharing your experience with others.
- You have expertise and interest in the fields of data visualization and information design.
- You are well-versed in designing digital products using Sketch, Figma, and Adobe Creative Suite.
- You have some familiarity with web technologies (HTML, CSS) and know how to document your designs for development hand-off.
- Experience with design versioning systems like Abstract and prototyping tools like Principle or Framer is a plus.
What we offer
- We have a transparent salary and financial benefit system to ensure all employees are treated fairly and equally.
- We offer generous employee benefits including up to 2 paid weeks of company holiday during the festive season, budgets for conference attendance, continuous education, professional training, and public transportation. Our studio offers plenty of snacks and drinks at your discretion and we cover expenses for lunch on workdays.
- We love families (and dogs) and provide special family benefits such as 2 paid weeks of additional parental leave, flexible working hours, and the possibility to work part-time. We are open to working remotely (although we also value on-location presence and collaboration).
- We provide time and assistance for self-initiated projects and research.
- Usually, you will be working at our beautiful studio in Zürich equipped with all the tools you need and your own ergonomic workspace. Here you will experience a passionate, friendly, and respectful environment where people matter the most. As long as the Covid-19 pandemic is still ongoing, we encourage working remotely and make sure that you’ll be set up for that too.
Full job description: https://www.interactivethings.com/jobs/ux-ui-design