We’re a Swiss FinTech startup that has built a very powerful AI technology to help companies automate their entire spend management across 150 countries and languages. Our level of technology is very new to the industry and is something we’re very proud of. Recently, we have also been nominated as one of Switzerland’s TOP 100 startups, are nominated for the FinTech award, have offices in Zurich and Vienna and will expand soon to other places.
While our team is growing very fast, we’re still missing a Head of UX to further develop our fast growing and award winning SaaS solution. The position of Head of UX is one of leadership and involves building, leading, and growing a highly collaborative team of Senior UX and UI Designers, Senior User Researchers and Copywriters.
Something that you should know before applying is that everyone at Yokoy is a small entrepreneur with a growth-mindset, high responsibility in their area of expertise but also a strong team spirit. We daily challenge each other’s thoughts, ideas and the status quo to not only become the best version of ourselves as professionals but also colleagues.
The role is „remote“ to the extent that the applicant is located close to one of our offices in Munich, Vienna, Amsterdam or Zurich.
- Attract, inspire, and manage a UX team of user experience designers. This requires setting clear goals, managing the project load and allocating people accordingly, ensuring deadlines are met, and setting up team members for overall success
- Develop and maintain a UX roadmap to guide designers, product management and tech teams in planning for and implementing the vision
- Ability to analyze and synthesize data and research results into actionable recommendations that inform design and content strategies
- Passionately advocate for the user to ensure that the product design strategy is aligned to user needs and expectations.
- Develop and own our design system and maintain graphic standards and branding throughout the product
- Actively promote the value of design and design thinking through your interactions with others
- Keep up and keep us updated of competitor products and industry trends
- 8+ years conducting user experience design and research in an international, high-tech environment, preferably in SaaS fintech / startups, including 3+ years managing a team of designers
- Strong visual and interaction design skills
- Strong design portfolio (with examples of work on web and mobile apps)
- Extremely strong communication skills and demonstrated success presenting in a clear and compelling manner to cross-functional stakeholders
- Bias for action – you need to get stuff done
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic startup environment. You’ll have guidance when you need it, but you’re also goal oriented and can execute without close supervision
- Speaking English is required and German is a plus
- Start: As soon as possible
- Place: Zurich, Munich, Vienna or Amsterdam
- We love to see people thrive! You’ll have the resources to own and be able to shape things from day one.
- Work closely with the founders and the leadership team
- We’re fast – quickly measure and learn the impact of your work
- We break things – we embrace making mistakes and learning from them
- Grow – we’re growing fast, and you’re the expert. Help us shape our growth and take leadership
- Flexibility – everyone has their own highly productive times – you have found your sweet spot? Perfect, we look at the output and not at what time it was produced.
- Remote – we enjoy whiteboard sessions, but we have also learnt (thank you Covid) how to be efficient with remote working
- Competitive startup package
- You get one additional week of holiday on top and have a total of five weeks of holidays
This is important to us: Yokoy is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.